Friday, May 16, 2008

Recipe Review: Tropical Tornado

Summer's approaching; I can feel it. Despite the recent way too chilly temperatures around here, I know it's coming, and I'm longing for umbrella drinks. Recently, we stumbled upon a new one on the back of our Captain Morgan's Pineapple Rum bottle. It's called a Tropical Tornado, and it made me wish I had a hollowed coconut, an umbrella in my drink, and my toes in the sand.

Here's the recipe:

1 oz Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay Pineapple Rum
1 oz Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
Splash of Grenadine
Orange Juice
Ice

Fill glass with ice. Add rums, grenadine, and orange juice. Stir.

That's it. Now, I'm warning you about this drink. It's what I call a "sneaky drink". It tastes so good that you don't realize how fast you're drinking it or how much alcohol you're consuming until you try to stand up after your sixth one and your legs don't work. But, if all you have to do is sit on the beach all day and occasionally flip to keep your color even, then that's OK. If that's not your situation, then do like I do and keep a close count of what you've drunk. MSH loves 'em too.

**Please drink responsibly, even if you are on the beach with nothing else to do but flip occasionally.**

No comments: