Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ugh

I'm just having a day. You know, one of THOSE days.

I forgot to turn on my alarm last night, so I didn't get out of bed until 5:50, so I didn't have time to do my hair (don't worry, I still have curlers in at least one purse). It's rainy, but warmer, but the rain always drains my energy. I just feel like I need a nap. I dribbled blackberry jelly on my best white T-shirt (it's Ann Taylor; and it's the only decent one I own), so I had to button the blouse I have on to cover it. Of course, I did this after I got to work, so there's no chance of changing it, and when I get hot, as I inevitably do in the afternoons, I will just have to suffer in my 3/4 sleeve blouse and t-shirt. The blouse cannot be worn alone because all the major retailers have stopped making shirts that have a button above boob level. I tried getting it out with water, then a Clorox wipe, then an alcohol prep pad, then kicked myself for not bringing that Clorox Bleach Pen to work, then kicked myself again for not owning any Shout! Wipes.

I think my bad day actually began last night when I burned one side of 2 Crab Quesadillas because I was too busy trying to take photos of the first 2 I finished for the blog I'm posting tomorrow, so the whole place stank like burned tortilla on top of the lovely aroma of crab meat. MSH asked me what, in the name of all that is holy, possessed me to take photos of FOOD, for goodness sake. Luckily, since only one side of each quesadilla was burned, I was able to salvage them by removing the burned tortilla and sandwiching the 2 unburned sides together, making a double-stuffed quesadilla that kept MSH quiet for a little while. I wasn't even going to post a blog, but now that I've started typing, I feel a little better. Maybe it's catharsis, maybe it's the thinking clearing out the cobwebs, maybe it's my coffee kicking in.

I'm off tomorrow, so I hope to get all my housework done so that we can go to the Cherry Blossom Festival on Saturday (not that having a messy house or laundry to do has ever stopped us from doing something). This weekend is supposed to be chilly, but also peak bloom days. I've also been told that we need to visit Kenwood Park in Bethesda before the trees stop blooming, where the you can walk blossom-canopied paths bordered with streams. The cherry trees only blossom for about 2 weeks, so I hope to get this done. MSH has also been wanting to go back to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History so we can spend more time on the exhibits there. I want to go back so that we can replace my vase that we owned for about 20 minutes before "we" decided that it would be the perfect birthday gift for his grandmother.

So, tomorrow I'll get the recipe review up. I've almost finished the cell phone pouch, so that'll be up Saturday--maybe. And, if we make it to the Festival, I'll post that on Sunday. I love making lists! And, I do feel better--like I accomplished something today.

No comments: