Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday Crafts: Cell Phone Pouch

I have a friend who is married to a man who works with MSH. Her husband & MSH share a mutual interest in football, and she and I share a mutual disinterest in the sport. So, when the two men wanted to hang out on Sundays, we decided to crochet together. Now, she only remembered the tiniest bit of the crochet lesson her grandmother had given her decades ago, so I taught her everything I know. Now, she is faster than I am!


As I mentioned last week, we are going to their house next weekend, so I made her a doily. She had also mentioned that she could never find her cell phone in her purse and needed a cell phone pouch, so I offered to make her one. Here is the pattern: Cell Phone Pouch, and here is the finished product:

I changed the pattern slightly making the flap a little smaller. Also, instead of making the side gussets as detailed in the pattern, I crocheted around the main body and flap once, the added two extra rows to the sides of the body and, with right sides together, sewed the sides together with a row of single crochet stitches. Next, I made the strap longer so she can wear it over her shoulder. Hopefully, she will get good use out of it.

We're headed out to the Cherry Blossom Festival today, so photos will be forthcoming.

'Til then,

Me

No comments: