Friday, April 11, 2008

Recipe Review: Pumpkin Bread

This past fall, we started entertaining friends a little more often, and to show off, I started making new dishes. One day, I made a White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake. After our friends left and we finished the cheesecake, I still had leftover canned pumpkin. So, I went to RecipeZaar to find a use for this pumpkin. I hated to throw it away. Well, I found this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Bread and decided to try it. Am I ever glad I did! This recipe makes 2 loaves, and I usually have enough batter left for a mini loaf for MSH.

First, it's easy. You just mix it up, pour it in the pans and bake it. Second, even if it didn't taste good, I'd bake it just for the way it makes my house smell. Third, it's delicious! It's like a spice cake with a hint of pumpkin; it's so moist and flavorful, perfect for a fall or winter, or even early spring treat. It's great just by itself, but if you put a little cream cheese frosting on it, oh man. It's Katy-Bar-the-Door good. Here's what it looked like yesterday when I served it yesterday.

Of course, there was more made than would fit on the platter, so I had to have a piece to make sure I wouldn't poison everyone.


I felt guilty about eating this whole piece, so I gave half of it to a co-worker. Then, I felt that I needed a reward for sharing, so I added some frosting. Now this frosting came from a can, but considering I was up until 11 the night before making the bread, I wasn't in the mood to try to make frosting, too. Plus, there's nothing wrong with store-bought frosting, sometimes I eat it straight from the tub.


Be still, my heart...


Now, go make this because it's easy and delicious, and if you share it with anyone, they will love you instantly!

No comments: